Definitions: (1) free from the control or rule of another; self-governing; not subject to the undo influence of others; self-determined; (2) self-directing; not subject to bias, persuasion, or influence; self-commanding; (3) possessing an intrepid spirit; bold
Synonyms: separate, unconstrained, unrestricted
Saying: If it is to be, it is up to me.
• No man is an island — John Donne (1575 – 1631) Meditation, the 17th devotion
• No one is entitled to be given answers to the problems that beset them. If you wish to know the truth of things, you must find it out for yourself. — Terry Brooks (1944 -) The Black Unicorn
Steps to Financial Independence:
Adapted from Catherine Ponder (1927 -) The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
1) Be quiet, meditate, and ask.
2) Decide to achieve financial independence and get a sense of peace about the rightness of it for you.
3) Make a detailed mental picture of what you really want.
4) Proceed as you feel led. Do not try to force or hurry your way to fulfillment.
5) Quietly continue to persevere in whatever ways are revealed to you. Stick to it and you will succeed!
6) Realize that your dreams of financial independence have already come true on the mental plane and that every good thing already exists.
8) Remind yourself often of what you have already accomplished.
Comment: People who have had too much to drink may want to be independent and believe they are able to drive, but a sober person should judge if the threshold has been crossed and take control.